1) Relaxing morning at home with hubby and boys
2) Fun lunchtime picnic at the park with the boys, Scott, and my parents
Here’s how I AM spending my Mother’s Day:
1) Dealing with bizarre facial swelling which has spread to neck and hands, rendering me almost unrecognizable even to myself (an allergic reaction to something — probably the Evil Trees of Satan).
2) Impromptu visit to the After Hours Clinic while my parents take the boys to the park (the doctor gave me a shot that he said would stop the swelling.Â Here’s hoping).
So the day is not going exactly as planned.Â But, looking on the positive side:
1) I have access to medical care — on a Sunday, no less.
2) I get to hang out with my fabulous parents and my sweet boys and my heroic husband — even if not at the park, as planned.
3) It’s a beautiful, springy day.
4) I’ve always got Mary on my side.
Happy Mother’s Day!